Sunday, January 10, 2016

Letting my husband go

     Now that I have sort of a plan in place with all the doctors, my husband can return to work for himself. He was home for he was medically hurt at work and the doctor finally released him to go back to work only to find his job was given to someone else. Michael was a loyal and faithful employee to his company and did not deserve the way the company treated him but somethings are just not meant to be for reasons at the time we may not understand.
     On a phone call with my oldest daughter she had word that there may be a opportunity for my husband to take a job up north prior to this happening so I called to see if it was still available. Well he went up north to check it out. 
      Knowing how much he would stand by me no matter what happened in the future with my health. And that he may have to solely provide for me here on out, I had to let him try. 
     My daughter and son-in-law would provide him a place to stay on their farm and I would stay in Florida with the twins and my brother. My brother would have to look after me. And so it went. I stood there as I watched this man pack. He was showing he loved me so much and was willing to leave the only home he knew and move from Florida to Georgia to start building a new life,and a new job so I could be with my daughter. She could help take care of me. As he pulled out of the driveway with blue girl by his side (she was his blue tick hound pup) I let him go. 
     If I didn't have my brother no way I could have done it with the twins. But my husband had a chance to start a job he loved and how could I say no to what he was giving me in the end. I just got to a place where I could trust him. And I let him go. I'm already hanging on by a tread as it is and here comes the holidays. 
    I kept rethinking the look on my husbands face as he backed out of the drive way that day. When he stopped got out to give me one more hug good by. I knew I loved him with my whole heart I felt then he was taking it with him.  It was that night I was reminded of the day I knew he stole my heart. He was just my neighbor then. I was sure this was the right thing to do even though I was scared and unsure of one hour to the next. But I was sure my husband loved me and that was going to have to be enough. 
     So in return I let him go.

No comments:

Post a Comment