Sunday, January 17, 2016

Focus on Family

     We waited on the response for the offer the house but the dead line passed and well that was not the house for us. I was really disappointed because it was I thought the perfect house for us.
     When getting back from the previous trip finding that my son enjoys partaking in the smoking of notebook paper and receipts with yard leaves and spices it came as a shock that this was the latest craze among middle schools. So if your missing that receipt and you can't find it that might be why.
      My brother has been awesome and stepped up to help me as he has done so from the beginning.   He took me to the school to ensure my son and daughter got signed up for the smoking class and my son not getting suspended for having the stuff on him at school.  How do you  monitor notebook paper and receipts? Not to mention leaves from the yard. We have had enough going on and this was the last of what we needed to add to everything else. It was more then I could bare .
     Why is it right before the holidays children go out of their way to bring the wrong kind of attention on themselves. My aunt had to take me for some tests and right when I got home we walked into major chaos going on.  The twins and one of each of their friends were caught smoking behind the barn while my brother was inside the house. He came out and caught them.  My son was thrown in the pool the kids where sent home and my daughter was blaming her brother for everything. So much for I'll never do it again. I had to call Michael at this point.
     The twins didn't talk to me and I really didn't care at this point. They where acting like they could do what they wanted when they wanted and now that they had to face daddy for their behavior they didn't want to go to Georgia when that was all they talked about for days.
     My brother needed a break. So did I, everyone was tired and for some reason out of the blue my brother just has a way of changing everything around and making things better.  He said sis I have to leave for a hour or so. Will you be OK? The kids are in bed And I just need to get out of here.  When he came back he woke the kids up and gave them brand new bikes for Christmas.  I couldn't believe it. It's Christmas, we forgive and love no matter what Right! What could I say, nothing, the tears just rolled down my face.
     A few days later when we got to Georgia, it was quiet. We were just happy to all be together sitting by the fire. Our oldest was due to have our 3rd grandchild and it was a cold Christmas but our hearts were as warm as the sun on a summers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment